Saturday, November 2, 2013

Basic Granola Formula

I seldom buy granola from the supermarket because it is really simple to make a batch at home and it tastes so much better than store bought one.

The nuts and dried fruits are piling up in my fridge. I know by making them into granola, I can reduce the amount by half. I found this recipe from Chocolate & Zucchini which is the basic formula for granola. You are free to use whatever grains or nuts or sweetener or spices that you have at home (or eager to get rid of). You can make your granola more decadent by adding in those optional ingredients. The sky is the limit when it comes to the flavor of the granola, you just have to follow the basic ratio.

Above: Sliced almonds, Sunflower Seeds, Rolled Oats and Dried Cranberries, sweetened with Honey and spiced it up with Cinnamon and Nutmeg

No comments: