Monday, January 31, 2011

Almond Pandan Cookies

Every Chinese New Year, I will bake pineapple tarts only due to demand and time constraint. This year, I managed to squeeze out some time to try another cookie recipe that I have bookmarked. It is from My Kitchen Snippets - Almond Pandan Cookies. Alot of local desserts in Singapore use Pandan leaves in them as it imparts a nice fragrance to the desserts. I love the smell of these plain looking leaves. So when I saw this recipe, I kept it in my sleeves and pray hard that I have time to try it out.

I cleared my off in lieu on a Friday and managed to reach home early. So I rolled up my sleeves and out the recipe. The cookies smells great. Very buttery and not too sweet. I guessed I slightly overbaked them as mine looked more brown. But the pandan smell is not prominent. I think it is due to the pandan paste that I used. I offered them to my mum and she loves it. She had them with coffee in the afternoon while watching TV. She even offered to pound some pandan leaves for me to make my own pandan essence as she believes that it will taste even better with the pandan smell.

3 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

your almond pandan cookies looks beautiful kym =)

Kym Kym said...

Thanks Jess. I hope I am in time for the Aspiring Baker event.

Biren said...

Your pandan cookies look fantastic! Pandan paste is very convenient but the real thing would probably be better. Happy Chinese New Year to you and your family!