Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Simple Brownie

Ever since I moved into my new house, I am hooked to a channel from Starhub - Asian Food Channel (AFC). I love many shows from there and recording them down and refused to delete away even after I watched. I happen to watch one Taiwanese cooking show named 真能煮 by 阿娇. She will invite chefs to her show. For a period of time, she invited 孟兆庆, the author of "孟老师教的100道面包" to teach us baking. I was delighted and recorded all the shows until one day, she changed the chef. Upset. I continue to watch the show hoping that she will invite her again. This brownie recipe is one of the few that she taught in the show. Quite easily done. 孟老师 is so meticulous. She will highlight the pitfalls in the recipe which is useful for beginners like me. After watching the show, I went to Kinokuniya to buy her 4 books that were available on the shelves. For the bread making one, it comes with a VCD. Haha. I shall try out her recipes some day when I am free. This is the first recipe by her.



Brownie by 孟兆庆

Ingredients:

unsalted butter 125g
sugar 80g
cocoa powder 30g
2 eggs
cake flour 145g
baking powder 1/2 tsp
baking soda 1/4tsp
1/2 cup of milk
chocolate chips 100g
walnuts, chopped 50g (I added in myself)

Method:
1. Melt the butter and sugar over boiling water.
2. Add in the cocoa powder while it (1) is still hot.
3. Cool the mixture then add in the eggs one by one.
4. Sieve in half the flour and pour in half the milk.
5. Stir till no flour is seen then add in the rest of the flour and milk.
6. Stir in mix direction till no flour is visible. Mix in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
7. Pour into a square mould (forgot what is the size, should be 7 in by 7 in) and bake at 180oC for 15 minutes.


This brownie is great be it warm or chilled. Worth trying. It doesn't take long to prepare. Enjoy!

No comments: